Finding the right telecommute job is a challenge that you won’t conquer until you treat searching for a job like a full-time job.
Let’s do the math:
The more resumes you send out + The more people you network with = The more likely you are to get the job you want.
Don’t fall into the unemployment trap of treating your time between jobs like a vacation. Treat your job search like a full time job with these easy tips:
- Set your alarm, get up, and get dressed for work
- Start your job search the same time every morning
- Set daily networking goals
- Establish firm goals for how many new jobs you will find, companies you will research, and resumes you will submit each day
- Schedule lunch and afternoon breaks
- Stay organized with an application tracking system
BONUS TIP: I maintain a list of contacts in a spreadsheet so I know exactly who I’ve talked to and who needs to be called or emailed.
- Invest in a professional job lead service like Virtual Vocations. We work hard to find you the newest telecommuting job leads so your job-search is faster, easier and safer.
When you approach your job search like a full-time job, you’ll increase your odds of finding the work-at-home career you want. Looking for more telecommute job search tips? Check out our Expert Insight on finding a telecommuting job.
Hashtag #VVPepTalks to interact with our community and receive a quick dose of career courage!
Virtual Vocations is a job service that helps you find legitimate telecommute job leads. We strive to help make your work-at-home job search experience faster, easier, safer and more productive by bringing you scam-free job leads that offer some form of telecommuting or virtual work.
Learn how our service works, browse job leads by location or career category, or search hundreds of hand-screened telecommuting jobs to turn your work-at-home dream into a reality.