Available for Members
Compensation: To Be Discussed
Thursday, March 08, 2018 Posted:
This job expires in
Job Category: Information Technology
Telecommute Level: 100% Telecommute
Travel Requirements: No Travel
Education Level: Some College
Employment Status: Permanent
Employer Type: Employer
Career Level: Experienced
Weekly Hours: Full Time
A well-known information technology company is filling a position for a Telecommuting Senior Escalation Engineer.
Core Responsibilities of this position include:
- Linking the escalation task with incident problem records
- Performing an initial assessment and intake of an escalated cases
- Providing technical analysis and investigation in an escalation
Position Requirements Include:
- 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area
- Understanding of IaaS and PaaS based cloud technologies
- Fundamental understanding of network technologies including the OSI model, routing, switching and application level protocols (HTTP)
- Deep understanding of specific cloud IaaS technologies, including: cloud compute, load balancing, BLOB/object storage, messaging, etc.
- Deep understanding of specific cloud PaaS technologies, including: API services (REST/SOAP), application containers (Docker or others), database (both relational and document/non-relational), event hub, message queues, etc.