Job is Expired
Location: Eastern Time
Staff Reviewed: Sun, Sep 12, 2021
Job Category: Administrative
Remote Level: 100% Remote
Weekly Hours: Part Time
Employment Status: Independent Contractor
Employer Type: 100% Virtual Company
Career Level: Experienced
Wonder Shuttle is an independent editorial studio that works with software companies on publications, resource centers, and technical manuals. I'm looking for someone proactive and detail-oriented with excellent written communication skills to be my virtual assistant.
- This is not an entry-level assistant position. You MUST have at least 2 years experience working remotely as a Virtual Assistant for a business owner.
- Expect to get several requests/day from me, many of which include tasks that must be done that day.
- You'll handle my business and personal details, including scheduling, customer service requests, uploading blog posts, ordering groceries, and making personal appointments.
- This is a part-time role, starting between 10-20 hours per month. Depending on how we work together, this could increase to more hours per month.
- It's also remote, so you can work anywhere in the world, with flexibility in business hours. I need to be able to work with you whether I'm in Hong Kong or Toronto. We communicate via email, chat, and phone.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage website, including uploading blog posts, formatting newsletters, and scheduling social media posts
- Maintain daily calendar, arrange calls, meetings, and conferences while making sure all details are handled in a clear and organized manner
- Book all travel arrangements, including lodging, transportation, and activities, both within the United States and internationally
- Assist with monitoring of my inbox and emails, including responding to clients, other contractors, and business contacts
- Research and be the point person for service providers for projects such as web design and bookkeeping
- Take on specific research assignments for comparing products, services, and various business and personal options
- Handle personal details such as shopping, ordering gifts, scheduling personal appointments, following up with service providers, and maintaining household items
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are relayed or handled at the appropriate time, in the necessary order and in the correct manner
- High level of experience with Google Apps, MailChimp, WordPress, Xero, Figma, or similar applications
- Knowledge of Airtable
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Capability to set up new systems and processes in order to streamline business and personal functions
Education and Experience:
- At least 2+ years experience as a virtual assistant for a business owner
- Ability to handle several emails and requests per/ day
- Exceptional ability to communicate progress on multiple projects
- Highly organized and efficient
- Trustworthy with strong personal integrity
- Forward-thinker who can proactively handle circumstances and situations to head off any crisis situations
- Experience managing calendars
- Must be reachable during the hours of 8AM - 6PM Eastern and respond to messages within 2 hours
- Top notch communication via email and phone, internally and with customers
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfectionist, super attention to detail
- Since this is a virtual position, must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having limited amount of face-time
If interested, please click "Apply" and fill out the form.