A company is looking for a Physician Billing Coding Auditor with a background in Physician coding, billing, and reimbursement guidelines.
- Review physician charges against medical record and all applicable documentation to determine appropriate code assignments for diagnoses and services provided
- Understand billing and coding requirements for government and commercial payers
- Utilize coding resources or applicable reference materials to ensure accuracy in coding for assigned services
- CPC, CPMA, RHIA, RHIT, CCS-P, and/or CCS certification
- >1 year of physician coding and auditing experience, multi-specialty experience preferred
- Knowledge of auditing and/or coding with CPT/HCPCS/ICD10/PCS
- Surgical coding experience required