Staff Reviewed: Wed, Aug 18, 2021
Job Category: Internet And Ecommerce
Remote Level: 100% Remote
Weekly Hours: Full Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Employer Type: 100% Virtual Company
Career Level: Experienced, Senior Level
Education Level: Bachelors
DEVELOP YOUR NEW CAREER WITH US!
At Southleft, our specialty is front-end design & development. We have a track record of implementing large-scale front-end architecture and design updates for high-profile websites with complex and heavy content needs. The quality of our code is exceptional, our sites are lightweight and fast, and we build our sites to be scalable so that our client's investment will continue to pay off as technology changes over time.
WHO WE NEED
Southleft is seeking a creative problem solver who would love the challenge of building exclusive, fast, lightweight, and user-friendly websites for clients with novel and ambitious requests. Our ideal candidate for this role would have at least 5 years of experience in web development. You should be able to manage your time well as a remote worker and be self-driven to provide excellent attention to clean coding detail, with the ability to accept feedback and implement positive changes.
You may be ideal for this role if you:
- Are highly knowledgeable and well-experienced with custom CMS theme development, including WordPress, Drupal, Craft CMS, and/or Contentful.
- Have a solid grasp of development principles and methods as it relates to user experience and user interfaces.
- Experience with various CSS methodologies, such as BEM, OOCSS, utility-based, and SMACSS is a must.
- Are familiar with HTML & CSS best practices and with CSS preprocessors such as Sass.
- Possess proficiency in using the Twig templating language (knowledge of other templating languages is a bonus!).
- Have experience with front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, Gulp, Yarn, etc.
- Are familiar with Git.
- Develop code in a modular way by creating reusable components based on atomic design methodologies.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to:
- Sharply develop creative, custom web solutions for our clients' unique content needs.
- Engage in high-level communication with clients and coworkers via video, email, messaging, and in-person.
- Manage time well as a remote worker, be responsible, and self-driven.
- Provide excellent attention to clean coding detail.
- Solve problems independently.
- Smoothly navigate among ongoing projects as timelines and resourcing needs ebb and flow.
- Express kindness and friendliness, listen attentively and respectfully and provide excellent service to both clients and coworkers.
- Continuously learn, contribute ideas to the team, and accept feedback on work in order to develop and grow as a web developer.
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe employment is a two-way street where both you and the company should benefit from the relationship. For this reason, we offer:
- The opportunity to work from home (this is a 100% remote position that can be worked from anywhere in the US)
- Company-paid educational & training opportunities
- A flexible schedule
- New computer equipment, as requested
- A high-profile client base
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Room to grow & develop your job role
- Performance bonuses based on individual and company performance
- Client referral bonus incentive
- Bonus points if you can remotely work from: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, or Wisconsin
When applying, please include a link to your portfolio and/or public git repository account.
Company Southleft, LLC
Headquarters New Orleans, Louisiana
Website Southleft, LLC
Southleft, LLC is a web development and design company that creates websites for progressive organizations and digital teams. What They Do Southleft, LLC uses responsive design and creates content for high-profile websites. The company believes in creating quality code to ensure the end-product is lightweight...Full Company Profile