Compensation: Piece Work
Staff Reviewed: Thu, Jun 02, 2022
This job expires in: 0 days
Freelance Copywriting - Physics (Contract)
Study.com is dedicated to making education easily accessible and highly valuable. Our Freelance Physics Expert Copywriters are committed to providing rich, quality answers to our students' questions. We're looking for outstanding copywriters with expertise in physics who are focused and detail-oriented to help contribute to our library of engaging online answers. We have thousands of academic questions in physics topics to choose from, so come help us impact our students' learning experiences with your expert knowledge, writing talent, and enthusiasm for adding value to their education.
As a Freelance Physics Expert Copywriter, you'll fulfill the goals of our Study Answers project by publishing short yet robust answers that contain clear and relevant content according to project specifications. As a part of our mission to impact student learning, you'll be responsible for:
* Creating content that directly answers student questions and provides sufficient context
* Enabling students to engage in continued learning by linking answers to relevant lessons in our online academy
* Communicating answers with proper English grammar, high quality explanations, original content, and factual accuracy
* You can choose what you want to work on from a pool of assets covering a variety of physics-related topics. This is a collaborative role that requires expert copywriters and copyeditors to work together to develop high-quality content.
What we offer:
* Reliable Payments: You'll receive payments twice a month and automated invoicing for your work.
* Remote Work: This is a fully online contracted work-from-home opportunity.
* Flexibility: Basically, there are no requirements! Work when you want, where you want, as often as you want, with no minimums/maximums.
* Support: Our supportive staff is available answer your questions and help you get up and running.
* Education: You'll be educating students, so you need a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Experience: You must have knowledge of physics concepts to provide high-quality, accurate information to students.
* Skills: You need to have excellent writing skills using correct English grammar and mechanics.
* Competency: As an online contractor, you'll need to be self-sufficient, motivated, and responsive to feedback.
Communication: This is a collaborative role that requires collaboration, strong communication skills, and being responsive to feedback.
* You have 1-3 years' copywriting experience.
* You have performed copywriting or written academic course or lesson content.
* You have familiarity with online educational content and research methods.
* You have experience with HTML, Wiki code, Latex, and imaging software.
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
The Contract Process
1. Complete the application and submit with your resume.
2. Applications are approved and contracts sent on Wednesdays.
3. Submit the contract within the 5-day signing window.
4. The following Wednesday, you'll receive onboarding instructions.
You can view a step-by-step overview of the contract process here: How to Become a Freelancer with Study.com (study.com/blog/how-to-become-a-freelancer-for-study-com-online-freelance-writing-editing-work.html)
The mission of Study.com is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades we've become the leading online education platform, delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
We help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility.
Come write for the company that was ranked 10th on Virtual Vocations' top 25 list of best partners for remote work in 2021! Feel free to share this opportunity with any friends you think would be interested, too.