Compensation: To Be Discussed
Staff Reviewed: Thu, Jul 08, 2021
This job expires in: 5 days
An online education company has a current position open for a Virtual Pennsylvnia Certified Substitute School Counselor.
Individual must be able to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Communicate with parents, students and teachers on a regular basis to develop and update individualized learning plans and schedules, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments, and verify student learning
- Review transcripts and use those to determine appropriate student course placements per school requirements
- Support student social-emotional learning through individual and small group sessions.
Must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- Certification to provide school counseling services in Pennsylvania
- Multiple state certifications a plus Ability to obtain certification in other states as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proven understanding of IEP/504 plans and how they can be implemented in a virtual setting
- Ability to complete required orientation and training programs within 30 days of hire, and at the beginning of each school year
- Ability to work occasional evening hours, as needed, to support some families