From details on telecommute-friendly Florida-based employers known for hiring qualified candidates to work from home to co-working centers for Florida telecommuters interested in flexible office space and networking solutions, Virtual Vocations has packed this page with Florida Telecommuting Job Resources to bring a little sunshine to your search for home-based work.
“I live in Florida, and I live on a small lagoon. I sit and look out at the water all day—that’s what my desk is.”
—Ted Bell, American suspense novelist
If you are searching for your own reason to enjoy a waterfront home office, allow Virtual Vocations to guide you through the state of telecommuting in Florida and connect you to a diverse pool of human-screened Florida telecommute Jobs.
But first, let’s learn a little more about the 27th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution:
Florida Fast Facts
- In 1513, Florida was claimed for Spain by the explorer Ponce de León
- Florida has the largest population of bald eagles in the contiguous United States
- The highest point in the state is Britton Hill, which rises at a whopping 345 feet above sea level
- Although Florida is renowned for its oranges, Florida is also the United States’ largest producer of strawberries, sugar, and tomatoes
- Famous Floridians include Sidney Poitier, Janet Reno, Jim Morrison, Zora Neale Hurston, and Bubba Watson
FLORIDA TELECOMMUTING JOB RESOURCES
Minimum Wage Requirements in Florida
Florida’s minimum wage rate is $8.10 per hour, as of January 1, 2017. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Florida’s minimum wage increases annually based on the results of the state’s cost of living formula.
Florida-based Companies that Hire Telecommuters
Floridians who want to work for local companies can take pride in the fact that many Florida-based businesses are eager to hire telecommute job seekers searching for work that will enable them to enjoy location- or schedule-flexible work.
Whether you want to work from home full-time, part-time, or find a career with travel options, there is a perfect match for you in the “Sunshine State.” Consider working for one of these Florida-based employers with a history of hiring telecommuters:
Headquarters: Heathrow, Florida
What they do: AAA, (pronounced “Triple A”), is a non-profit federation of clubs serving more than 56 million members in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1902, AAA has grown to be North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization, providing its members a full range of travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services. The company provides benefits to members traveling in 130 countries through affiliations with motoring clubs around the world.
Headquarters: Naples, Florida
What they do: ACI Worldwide, Inc. provides electronic payment solutions to companies worldwide. More than 5,100 organizations utilize the company’s services. More than 1,000 financial institutions, intermediaries, and thousands of global merchants rely on the company to execute trillions of dollars each day in payments and securities. ACI Worldwide, Inc. offers employees both on-site and remote work opportunities.
Headquarters: Miami Lakes, Florida
What they do: Altegra Health provides software solutions focused on improving healthcare organization performance. They also provide advisory services to major healthcare organizations and strive to improve the financial issues associated with healthcare for both companies and consumers. Medical Coders with Altegra Health work virtually from home.
Headquarters: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
What they do: Citrix is a computer software company that enables users to work and collaborate from anywhere. Its products are used at more than 330,000 organizations by over 100 million customers globally. The company offers several telecommute work arrangements for qualified professionals in fields like engineering, IT, management, and sales.
Headquarters: Melbourne, Florida
What they do: Florida Institute of Technology, commonly known as Florida Tech or FIT, is a private, coeducational doctoral/research university providing a high-quality education in an international environment. The school offers degree programs in science, engineering, aeronautics, business, humanities, mathematics, psychology, communication and education. Along with the classes provided from their Melbourne, Florida campus, Florida Tech also offers degree and certificate programs online via their Virtual Campus. Florida Institute of Technology hires contracted faculty members on an adjunct, part-time basis to teach online courses from home.
Headquarters: Tampa, Florida
What they do: Integrated Solutions Management, Inc. (ISM), headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a provider of IT service management solutions. The company has over 25 years of experience helping commercial and public sector clients improve their service orientation, governance, and the business value of their IT organizations, including the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Federal Aviation Administration, Electrolux, Northrop Grumman, Motorola and many more. Integrated Solutions Management, Inc. (ISM) is continuously looking for professional and experienced IT consultants and application developers to join their team, and allows their employees to work from home throughout the U.S.
Headquarters: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
What they do: Kaplan, Inc. is a for-profit education subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company and a leading provider of business, school, and individual educational services. Its products and services aid those seeking education, whether that be in the K-12, higher education, or professional development sectors. Kaplan, Inc. regularly employs home-based instructors in a variety of content areas and grade levels.
Headquarters: Tampa, Florida
What they do: KForce Inc. is a professional staffing firm focused on the technology, clinical research, healthcare, finance and accounting sectors, and a provider of government solutions and global outsourcing services. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the company has 60 offices nationwide, two recruiting centers and more than 2,000 staffing specialists. In 2016 the company won the Best of Talent Staffing award and was recognized as one of the top staffing agencies in the U.S. The company provides flexible and direct hire staffing solutions and frequently offers telecommute-friendly jobs in a variety of positions.
Headquarters: Gainesville, Florida
What they do: SumTotal Systems, Inc. is one of the largest independent providers of integrated HR software solutions and services. With over 45 million users and over 3,500 customers worldwide, the company offers deep domain expertise for both complex global deployments and small, high-growth companies. SumTotal’s Account Managers, Project Managers, Sales Managers, and other professionals have the option to work from a home office.
Headquarters: Tampa, Florida
What they do: Sykes Enterprises provides customer service, technical and sales support on a global scale to businesses and their customers. The company provides work at home opportunities in 40 states within the U.S. Sykes provides customer solutions to clients in over 21 countries and 30 languages. They currently employ over 50,000 people worldwide.
Headquarters: St. Petersburg, Florida
What they do: Taylor Media is the company behind The Penny Hoarder, a major personal finance website. They are headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, and were started in 2010. The Penny Hoarder offers content on money-saving strategies and ways to increase income. They reach more than 19 million readers monthly. Taylor Media (The Penny Hoarder) offers a variety of career opportunities with partial telecommute flexibility in some positions.
Headquarters: Naples, Florida
What they do: The Hertz Corporation is a major car and equipment rental corporation that owns leading brands like Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty, Firefly, and the Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation. The company has 11,000 corporate and licensee locations throughout 140 countries. Hertz is a telecommute-friendly employer that regularly hires qualified candidates to work remotely.
Headquarters: Gainesville, Florida
What they do: Tower Hill Insurance Group, founded in 1972, is one of Florida’s largest providers of residential property insurance. The company partners with more than 700 independent insurance agencies across Florida, allowing them to offer a wide range of coverage options including condo, homeowners’, flood, mobile home, renters’ and rental property insurance. Tower Hill also has a commercial department, which provides businesses and policyholders with comprehensive property, liability, and other miscellaneous commercial coverage.
Headquarters: Orlando, Florida
What they do: Wellspring Finance is professional mortgage company specializing in residential mortgages. They work with multiple lenders in order to provide clients with extremely competitive pricing, and pride themselves in their great customer service. Wellspring Finance has built a unique platform that allows their employees to complete the entire mortgage process online and from the comfort of their home office in the state of Florida.
Headquarters: Orlando, Florida
What they do: ZeroChaos is a global provider of workforce management solutions that help organizations achieve greater management and financial control of their workforce and talent supply chains. Their award-winning solutions enable procurement and human resources to improve visibility into contingent labor spend and talent pools, effectively manage and optimize contingent workforce program performance, and mitigate risks. Headquartered in Orlando, ZeroChaos has global operations in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Many of their employees work from home.
Florida Co-working Centers
Florida telecommuters who need office space, but don’t want to commit to lengthy leases or expensive property purchases, should explore the benefits of co-working centers. These collaborative facilities provide telecommuters with work space and business services, which may include high-speed Internet, printing, fax, phone, scanning and copying capabilities, conference space, and a professional mailing address, for a much lower cost than those traditionally incurred through independently owning or renting private office real estate.
Check out these co-working centers located throughout Florida:
Axis Space Coworking (Fort Lauderdale)
Büro Miami (Coconut Grove, Midtown, MiMo, South Beach)
Canvs (Orlando, Winter Park)
Catalyst Spaces (Orlando)
Cendyn SPACES (Boca Raton)
Cowork Hive (North Port)
Cowork LWR (Lakewood Ranch)
CoWork Jax (Jacksonville)
General Provision (Fort Lauderdale)
Quest Workspaces (Boca Raton, Coral Gables, Doral, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Plantation, West Palm Beach)
Telecommute Job Suggestions for Floridians
Virtual Vocations screened and approved nearly 1,000 Florida-based telecommuting job opportunities in 2016. Among those remote job openings, the following five telecommuting job categories emerged as the most prevalent in the state:
- Information Technology
- Account Management
In order to give Florida job seekers a sampling of the variety of telecommuting jobs available, we’ve outlined one of the top telecommuting positions in each of Florida’s best telework career categories:
Telecommuting Sales Account Executive
Average Wages: $58,428 per year, according to Glassdoor
- Four-year degree, especially in a field like business, management, marketing or advertising
- High degree of self-motivation and energy
- Strong presentation, communication, and organization skills
Job Description: Sales Account Executives function as the liaisons between the business they represent and their clients. Telecommuting Account Execs may upsell products and services, recruit new business, and cultivate client relationships to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Online Software Developer
Average Wages: $85,000 per year, according to Glassdoor
- Bachelor’s degree, typically in a field like computer science
- Certifications, such as those in Oracle, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft, as required by an employer
- High-level skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and describing abstract concepts
Job Description: An Online Software Developer is a bit like the Man Behind the Curtain in The Wizard of Oz. Software Developers work behind the scenes to create the applications that we use on our computers and mobile devices or develop the systems that operate them.
Remote RN Case Manager
Average Wages: $69,093 per year, according to Glassdoor
- Successful completion of a nursing school program, which typically results in obtaining a bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Active, unrestricted licensure for the RN’s state of residence
- RN clinical care experience
- Certification by the American Case Management (ACM) Association may be preferred
Job Description: A Remote RN Case Manager is a licensed Registered Nurse charged with virtual coordination and facilitation of long-term care plans for patients—especially for patients who have recently been discharged from a hospital stay or those who hope to avoid spending extended periods of time in a hospital.
Telework Special Education Teacher
Average Wages: $49,679 per year, according to Glassdoor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Special education certification required to work in the public school system; private schools may have their own educational/certification standards
- Innovative and patient, especially with regard to expressing ideas and concepts using a flexible array of techniques to meet the individual needs of students
Job Description: Special Education Teachers, who typically work in elementary, middle, or high schools, instruct students with learning, behavioral, physical, or emotional disabilities or life skills deficiencies. Telework Special Education Teachers provide instruction to their students via online learning platforms and video conferencing software. Some onsite meetings with students and their families or meetings for professional development may be required.
Virtual Account Manager
Average Wages: $81,176 per year, according to Glassdoor
- Four-year degree in a field like marketing or business administration is often preferred
- Previous professional experience in areas like customer service, sales, or marketing and promotions
- Excellent ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple accounts at once
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills expressed through polite, charismatic, and diplomatic engagements
Job Description: Virtual Account Managers are responsible for managing client relationships among a particular set of customers. Their primary goal is to cultivate active, ongoing relationships with clients so that they will continue to rely upon the employer’s business services and/or products.
Florida Telecommute Stats and Resources
At the top of the article we stated Florida ranks 46/50 for the most telecommute-friendly state in the U.S. How did we establish this score? Take a look at our state ranking methodology below and examine additional state telecommuting stats and Florida telecommuting job resources.
Methodology for State Rankings
Throughout 2017, Virtual Vocations will unveil new, researched profiles outlining the pulse of telecommuting in all 50 states, as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. A hallmark of these state telecommuting jobs resources pages is our ranking system for determining which states are the most or least telecommute-friendly.
Our scoring guide formula was created using data aggregated from the Virtual Vocations Telecommute Jobs Database as well as the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) on the number of people encompassing the civilian labor force in each location as of November 2016.
We divided the civilian labor force total for each location by the number of telecommute job postings Virtual Vocations’ staff of Researchers, Job Quality Specialists, and Quality Assurance Specialists screened and approved from each location and published to our Telecommute Jobs Database during 2016.
The result reveals the number of telecommute jobs per person from each location available throughout 2016; therefore, the lower the quotient, the more telecommute-friendly the location and the higher the ranking.
Only the 50 states are given a 1-50 ranking score, however, all other telecommuting data examined in our state reports on the 50 states has been applied to the location profiles of the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico as well.
Additional Stats and Florida Telecommuting Job Resources
We’ve outlined the top telecommuting job categories for Florida during 2016 within the 3,985 Florida telecommute job abstracts approved and published by Virtual Vocations. Now, let’s delve further into scope of Florida-based remote work opportunities posted by Virtual Vocations over the past year:
- 400 (10.0%) were contract jobs in Florida
- 604 (15.2%) were Florida telecommute jobs with some onsite requirements at a company headquarters or hub
- 993 (25.0%) were 100% virtual Florida telecommute jobs
- 1,128 (28.3%) were part-time Florida telecommute jobs, which include jobs that are part-time only or jobs in which the employer allows hired candidates to choose between working full-time or part-time
- 2,235 (56.1%) were Florida telecommute jobs with field travel
- 2,757 (69.2%) were location specific Florida telecommute jobs that require hired candidates to live in a specific city or region of the state
- 3,505 (88.0%) were full-time Florida telecommute jobs, which include jobs that are full-time only or jobs that allow for full-time options if the hired candidates want to work more than part-time hours
- 3,575 (89.7%) were Florida telecommute jobs sourced from employers rather than staffing agencies
You’ll find even more Florida telecommuting job resources and stats in our infographic below! You may also view the Florida Telecommuting Job Resources Infographic as a PDF, which will allow you to access the URLs hyperlinked via the orange text throughout the image as well as the links attached to the Virtual Vocations logo and social media icons.
CURRENT REMOTE JOBS IN FLORIDA
- Remote Registered Nurse Case Manager in the Tampa Area
- Remote Workers Compensation Marketing Representative
- Telecommute Operational Excellence Analyst in Boca Raton
- Remote Retail Sales Development Representative in Orlando
- Telecommute Therapy Product Project Manager
- Remote Senior Credit Operations Analyst in St Petersburg
- Telecommute Agile Product Consultant
- Remote Commercial Title Business Development Leader in Tampa
- Remote Digital Stylist and Personal Shopper in Miami
- Remote Executive Assistant
How Virtual Vocations Can Assist You in Your Telecommuting Job Search
Virtual Vocations works to ensure you experience the safest, easiest, and most effective telecommute job search online!
Unlike other job boards, Virtual Vocations publishes hundreds of new telecommute job vacancies every day, verifying that each job posting will allow you to work from home a minimum of 20% of the time.
It’s our mission to ensure Virtual Vocations members receive fast access to the most current and best virtual job listings anywhere.
We even provide Virtual Vocations members with options for customizable email alerts, giving job seekers instant access to newly published telecommute job openings curated based on their job search preferences.
In addition to complete access to our Telecommute Jobs Database, Virtual Vocations subscribers receive a variety of exclusive telecommute job resources designed to give job seekers the highest opportunity for success in their telecommute job searches.
Here’s a sampling of some of the exclusive telecommute job search benefits we offer for boosting your hireability and connecting you to the right telecommute jobs and employers:
- Telecommuting Handbook and Interview guide downloads
- A Telecommute Toolkit featuring e-courses like “Create a Winning Telecommute Resume” and “Telecommute Job Searching for Mid-Level and Professional Job Seekers”
- Action plans and downloadable resume templates
- Access to Industry Guides to help you navigate your search for a telecommute job in popular categories like Education and Nursing
- Free access to our Telecommute Companies Database filled with thousands of profiles of telecommute-friendly employers known for hiring qualified professionals to work remotely
- Search Filters that allow you to search for human-screened telecommute jobs by job category, type, telecommute status, travel requirements, and more—all to ensure you are applying to be most appropriate telecommute jobs for your experience level, skill set, and job flexibility needs
- A team of experienced customer service professionals ready to answer your questions about utilizing Virtual Vocations during your telecommute job search via phone at 1-800-379-5092, email at email@example.com, and Live Chat Support on our Homepage
Are you searching for a telecommuting job in Florida, or are you a current Floridian remote worker? Share your story when you connect with Virtual Vocations on Facebook and Twitter. We’d love to know your thoughts about our Arkansas telecommuting job resources!
Joining Virtual Vocations grants you access to our hand-picked telecommuting jobs database. Our family-owned company is committed to helping you find quality job leads. We strive to help make your work-at-home job search faster, easier and safer by bringing you scam-free jobs that offer some form of telecommuting or virtual work.
Learn how our service works, browse job leads by location and career category, or search hundreds of hand-screened telecommuting jobs to find legitimate work-at-home job leads that match your skills and background.