Virtual Vocations has been a leader in remote work since 2007, helping over 4 million jobseekers with their goals to work from home. During this time, we have been honored to provide our expertise, insight and statistical information in regards to remote work and jobseeker trends to trusted media outlets and publications for use in spreading awareness and support for the remote work movement.
For more resources, visit the pages below –
Browse the various sources below to find statements and professional insight from Virtual Vocations’ team members and founder and CEO, Laura Spawn about remote work, career services, remote companies and more.
How Does Telecommuting Improve Productivity?
Expert Market spoke to entrepreneurs, managers, and business owners, including Laura Spawn, Virtual Vocations CEO, on how they manage to ensure productivity in a remote work setting.
How to Take a Vacation as a Small Business Owner
In this guest post for Business.com, Laura Spawn, Virtual Vocations CEO, outlines seven steps for taking a worry-free vacation as a small business owner.
- 82 Best Freelance Jobs Websites in 2022If you’re looking for the highest-paid, best freelance jobs on the market today, whether you’re freelancing on the side or doing it full-time, then you’ve come to the right place. Virtual Vocations came in #78 for freelance customer support jobs!
- 10 Job Boards for Writers and They’re All Free!Finding freelance writing work can feel like an endless trip on a hamster wheel, so knowing where to look for new gigs will save you time and frustration. We’ve rounded up ten of the most popular and active job boards for freelance writers. The best part is that all of them are free – so get ready to bookmark your new favourite sites!
- 3 Ways to Help Improve Your Remote Team’s CollaborationTeam collaboration can be a challenge in a distributed setting when you don’t see each other regularly in person. These strategies can help boost collaboration and communication when employees are working from all over the world. American Express interviewed Laura Spawn, CEO of Virtual Vocations about how remote team members can collaborate effectively while working from home.
- How to Find Legitimate Work-From-Home JobsIn this article on finding legitimate work-from-home jobs. U.S. News & World Report lists VirtualVocations.com as their first recommended website that specializes in locating legitimate telecommute jobs.
- Survey Reveals Top 20 Telecommute Jobs Businesses are Hiring For in 2018Virtual Vocations’ 2018 Top Telecommute Jobs is featured in this Small Business Trends article by Michael Guta. The survey provides information on the Top 20 telecommute jobs, and also seasonal remote jobs as well as telecommuting growth and freelancing.
- How to Convince Your Boss You Should Be Able to Work RemotelyFind out how to convince your boss that working remotely is a good thing in this post from The Washington Post Jobs site that cites Virtual Vocations 2017 Year-End Telecommuting Report.
- Up to 25% of American Now Work Occasionally from Home Even at Small BusinessesSmall Business Trends writer Michael Guta highlights Virtual Vocations’ 2017 Telecommuting Year-End Report in this comprehensive article featuring graphs, the report video and top career industries.
- How to Find A Legitimate Work from Home JobVirtual Vocations is recognized as a website specializing in telecommuting jobs around the country in this CNBC post on finding legitimate work from home jobs.
- Quirks From HomeIn this post, remote workers share their most unique productivity hacks for toiling from home. Kimberly Back, Senior Content Producer, makes sure to drink a liter of water everyday before enjoying a hot beverage.
- Remote Workers Share Their Most Unique Productivity Hacks For Toiling From HomeIn this post in The New York Daily News, Kim Back, Senior Content Producer, shares her increased productivity starts with drinking a liter of water before hot beverages.
- Unconventional Career Journeys: Beyond Nine-to-FiveL.A. Parent Magazine features Virtual Vocations as a resource for self-employed parents along with advice and tips from Laura Spawn, CEO.
- How to Prepare for A Remote InterviewIn this post, Laura Spawn, CEO, gives her best tips on how to be prepared for an interview and to leave a good and lasting impression.
- 12 Awesome Jobs for After You RetireOprah Magazine features Virtual Vocations as a great place to get started on your job search in this article for awesome jobs after you retire.
- Everything You Need to Know About Landing a Remote JobRemote jobs give you flexibility — but they can require it, too. Laura Spawn, the CEO and co-founder of Virtual Vocations, Inc., says that between “learning to work with new remote team members, hiring new geographically dispersed staff, adapting to new software and technologies or balancing changes in our personal lives with respect to established professional commitments, adaptability is as essential to a remote worker as […]
- How to Cure Corporate Amnesia with Knowledge Management Software“IT is also a sector with a lot of teleworkers—the 2016 Year-End Report from telecommuting job service Virtual Vocations found that IT is the most prevalent telecommuting job category.” – ComputerWorld
- 11 Websites Where You Can Find a Remote JobForbes lists Virtual Vocations as one of the top 11 websites jobseekers can use to find remote jobs. Category filtering and a free membership option is highlighted in the article.
- Meet the Technology Entrepreneur Disrupting How and Why Companies Use Virtual WorkersThis Entrepreneur post by Shazier Mucklai features Virtual Vocations and CEO, Laura Spawn, as a disruptive female American entrepreneur. Virtual jobs are on the rise and this article brings awareness to these jobs as well as topics like outsourcing globally and how companies can use virtual workers to further their business.
Toolbox: 92% of Employees Prefer Remote Jobs
Toolbox | hr goes into detail about the pulse on remote work featuring Virtual Vocations’ sixth annual year-end report.
Information We Can Provide:
- Remote work statistics
- CEO statements from Laura Spawn regarding remote work
- Certified expert quotes on resumes and career strategy
- Remote job search and career advice
- Remote management insight (100% remote company)
- Benefits of remote work for employees and employers
- Environmental benefits of remote work