Join us as we celebrate the 10-year Virtual Vocations anniversary during the week of February 13 – 17, 2017!
In the 10 years since Virtual Vocations was founded by the sibling team of Laura Spawn and Adam Stevenson, Virtual Vocations has grown from a passion project born of Laura’s frustrations with her own telecommute job search to the largest and most comprehensive online database of telecommute-only jobs.
Celebrating the 10-Year Virtual Vocations Anniversary
Throughout our 10-year Virtual Vocations anniversary celebration week of February 13 – 17, 2017, registered Virtual Vocations members will enjoy a host of new benefits and resources to aid them in their telecommute job searches, as well as chances to win one of 10 Amazon.com gift cards valued at $50 each and one of 10 prize packages to include one quarterly Virtual Vocations subscription, one resume review, and one box of See’s brand candy – a favorite treat for both Laura and Adam, especially during Valentine’s Day!
New telecommute job seekers and our regular telecommute blog readers should also check our blog every day for fresh content designed to boost your telecommute job search success and celebrate the 10-year Virtual Vocations anniversary. Throughout the remainder of the week, we’ll cover the following topics:
- Virtual Vocations Benefits: 10 Reasons Job Seekers LOVE Us!
- Unique Telecommute Careers: 10 Ways to KISS Your Boring Job Goodbye
- 10+ Free Telecommuting Job Leads: Our Anniversary Gift to You!
- Virtual Vocations Secrets: 10 Fun Facts About the Company’s Founders
Telecommuting in 2017
Telecommuters in the U.S. have increased from 2,476,037 in 2007 to 3,677,061 in 2014, an average of 171,575 individuals per year. Based on the average, we should see telecommuting reach at least 4,191,787 individuals in 2017. In celebration of our 10 years of connecting job seekers to high quality telecommuting job leads, we’ve gathered the following statistics on the current state of telecommuting in the U.S.:
State Hotspots for Telecommuting
- New York
Top Telecommuting Career Industries
Click any of the telecommuting career industries below to view the most current telecommuting job openings within that field.
Top Companies for Telecommuting
Select any of the telecommute-friendly employer names below to be taken to the Virtual Vocations Telecommute Companies Database profile for that employer. Each profile includes company stats, links to their social media pages and website, a graph of their most recent hiring trends, and more!
- 39.5% earn a minimum of $71,000 per year in their remote job
- 48% are at least 50 years old
- 50.4% work as independent contractors
- 56.4% have at least five years of telecommuting experience
- 62.2% telecommute 100% of the time but 47.6% want a 100% virtual job
Benefits for Telecommuters
- 25% experience less overall stress
- 73% eat healthier meals
- 76% feel more loyal to employers
- Over 80% have more work-life balance
- Telecommuters who work from home only 50% of the time would save between $2,000 and $7,000 a year in commuting and other costs
Benefits for Employers
- 36% of employees would choose telecommuting over a pay raise and 80% of employees consider telecommuting a perk
- Productivity has been shown to increase by 35-40% by those who work from home
- 46% of companies that allow telecommuting say it reduces employee turnover
- A typical business would save $11,000 per person per year that telecommutes from home only 50% of the time
Telecommuting in 2017 Sources
For your convenience, we’ve also compiled the above 2017 telecommuting stats into this infographic:
How Virtual Vocations Can Help You Find Telecommuting Jobs
You could be a seasoned telecommuter looking for new avenues to work from home or a first-time remote job seeker interested in the flexibility of telecommuting to improve both your personal and professional telecommuter relationships; either way, Virtual Vocations can help you achieve your career goals not only during our 10-year Virtual Vocations anniversary week, but also during any other time of the year!
Unlike other job boards, Virtual Vocations publishes hundreds of new telecommute job vacancies every day, verifying that each job posting will allow you to work from home a minimum of 20% of the time.
It’s our mission to ensure Virtual Vocations members receive fast access to the most current and best virtual job listings anywhere.
We even provide Virtual Vocations members with options for customizable email alerts, giving job seekers instant access to newly published telecommute job openings curated based on their job search preferences.
In addition to complete access to our Telecommute Jobs Database, Virtual Vocations subscribers receive a variety of exclusive telecommute job resources designed to give job seekers the highest opportunity for success in their telecommute job searches.
Here’s a sampling of some of the exclusive telecommute job search benefits we offer for boosting your hireability and connecting you to the right telecommute jobs and employers:
- Telecommuting Handbook and Interview guide downloads
- A Telecommute Toolkit featuring e-courses like “Create a Winning Telecommute Resume” and “Telecommute Job Searching for Mid-Level and Professional Job Seekers”
- Action plans and downloadable resume templates
- Access to Industry Guides to help you navigate your search for a telecommute job in popular categories like Education and Nursing
- Free access to our Telecommute Companies Database filled with thousands of profiles of telecommute-friendly employers known for hiring qualified professionals to work remotely
- Search Filters that allow you to search for human-screened telecommute jobs by job category, type, telecommute status, travel requirements, and more—all to ensure you are applying to the most appropriate telecommute jobs for your experience level, skill set, and job flexibility needs
- A team of experienced customer service professionals ready to answer your questions about utilizing Virtual Vocations during your telecommute job search via phone at 1-800-379-5092, email at email@example.com, and Live Chat Support on our Homepage
Visit our Services Page for more information on how Virtual Vocations can be of benefit to you during your telecommute job search.
Are you looking forward to our 10-year Virtual Vocations anniversary celebration? How can we assist you in your telecommute job search? Share your comments when you connect with Virtual Vocations on Facebook and Twitter. We’d love to hear from you!
Joining Virtual Vocations grants you access to our hand-picked telecommuting jobs database. Our family-owned company is committed to helping you find quality job leads. We strive to help make your work-at-home job search faster, easier and safer by bringing you scam-free jobs that offer some form of telecommuting or virtual work.
Learn how our service works, browse job leads by location and career category, or search hundreds of hand-screened telecommuting jobs to find legitimate work-at-home job leads that match your skills and background.