Virtual Vocations is kicking off day one of their Telecommuting & Remote Work Celebration Week 2017 with the release of the findings of their most recent telecommuting survey—an examination of the best remote work perks, as determined by Virtual Vocations members.
During Virtual Vocations’ February 2017 10-year anniversary celebration, we conducted a voluntary email survey of Virtual Vocations members to poll them on what they love most about telecommuting. Among the more than 2,300 responses received, the Virtual Vocations team gained valuable insight into the remote work perks telecommuters most enjoy.
Summary of Findings
Survey responses from the 2,382 Virtual Vocations members who participated in our email survey on the best work from home benefits reinforce a conclusion that the majority of telecommuters have come to know: working remotely improves one’s quality of life. Telecommuters exercise greater control over their lives and freedom, make healthier choices, and save money—all of which encourage decreased stress and greater productivity.
Examine our summary list of survey findings below and view a complete breakdown of all survey responses using the enclosed graphs. For your convenience, we have also summarized several of our important findings on remote work perks in an infographic, which you can view to the left side of your screen and enlarge by clicking on the image. Additionally, you may view the Remote Work Perks Infographic as a PDF with hyperlinks to this blog post, Virtual Vocations’ main website, and our Facebook and Twitter profiles.
- 66.5% of telecommuters consider greater flexibility over their scheduling and time to be the best telecommuting benefit
- When it came to choosing the top reason they telecommute, survey respondents were nearly evenly split between all three options: 1) more time with family; 2) less commute time; 3) cutting costs associated with work (gas, meals, clothing, etc.)
- 76.8% snack on healthy foods throughout their day
- Nearly every survey respondent recognizes and values the “green” benefits of remote work, with the majority of respondents valuing reduced emissions and paper waste as the top environmentally-friendly remote work perks
- 68.9% heavily favor working from a laptop versus a desktop computer or mobile device
- More than three-fourths of respondents most enjoy a telecommute job that allows them to start work in the morning, rather than beginning a work shift in the afternoon or evening
- Only 17.6% of telecommuters work from home while wearing pajamas or workout clothes, whereas 74.1% telecommute while wearing casual, everyday clothes
- 69.8% of telecommuters prefer to work from an established home office
Remote Work Perks of a Virtual Vocations Membership
You could be a seasoned telecommuter looking for new avenues to work from home or a first-time remote job seeker interested in the flexibility of telecommuting to improve both your personal and professional telecommuter relationships; either way, Virtual Vocations can help you achieve your career goals any day of the year!
Unlike other job boards, Virtual Vocations publishes hundreds of new telecommute job vacancies every day, verifying that each job posting will allow you to work from home a minimum of 20% of the time.
It’s our mission to ensure Virtual Vocations members receive fast access to the most current and best virtual job listings anywhere.
We even provide Virtual Vocations members with options for customizable email alerts, giving job seekers instant access to newly published telecommute job openings curated based on their job search preferences.
In addition to complete access to our Telecommute Jobs Database, Virtual Vocations subscribers receive a variety of exclusive telecommute job resources designed to give job seekers the highest opportunity for success in their telecommute job searches.
If you’ve considered registering for a Virtual Vocations membership, now’s the best time to take that step toward your new telecommuting career. During our Telecommuting & Remote Work Celebration Week 2017 (March 20 – 25), we’re offering a 20% discount on all new Virtual Vocations subscriptions. Why register? Here’s a sampling of some of the exclusive remote work perks we offer for boosting your hireability and connecting you to the right telecommute jobs and employers:
- Action plans and downloadable resume templates
- Access to Industry Guides to help you navigate your search for a telecommute job in popular categories like Education and Nursing
- Telecommuting Handbook and Interview guide downloads
- A Telecommute Toolkit featuring e-courses like “Create a Winning Telecommute Resume” and “Telecommute Job Searching for Mid-Level and Professional Job Seekers”
- Free access to our Telecommute Companies Database filled with thousands of profiles of telecommute-friendly employers known for hiring qualified professionals to work remotely
- Search Filters that allow you to search for human-screened telecommute jobs by job category, type, telecommute status, travel requirements, and more—all to ensure you are applying to the most appropriate telecommute jobs for your experience level, skill set, and job flexibility needs
- A team of experienced customer service professionals ready to answer your questions about utilizing Virtual Vocations during your telecommute job search via phone at 1-800-379-5092, email at email@example.com, and Live Chat Support on our Homepage
Visit our Services Page March 20 – 25, 2017 to lock in your 20% Virtual Vocations subscription discount and learn more about these and other remote work perks you can utilize during your telecommute job search.
Employers: Use Virtual Vocations to Post Unlimited Telecommute Job Openings at No Cost
With the launch of our New Employer Job Portal Service, Virtual Vocations is strengthening their commitment to hosting only the best telecommuting jobs available and encouraging employers to take advantage of remote work perks created especially for them.
The Employer Portal gives telecommute-friendly companies streamlined, secure permissions to post their telecommuting job openings for free as well as receive applications from from Virtual Vocations’ member list of high quality job candidates—82.3% of whom have received a post-secondary diploma or degree and 56.4% of whom have at least five years of telecommuting experience.
Companies who elect to become Virtual Vocations Employer Partners will not only be able to post an unlimited number of telecommuting job openings for free, but also enjoy a multi-faceted promotions package ensuring their telecommuting job openings receive maximum exposure through the following avenues:
- Virtual Vocations Employer Profile, including a company summary, website and social media links, feed of recent company news, and more, added to the Virtual Vocations Telecommute Companies Database
- Promotion via Virtual Vocations’ social media accounts
- Priority email alerts sent to more than 900,000 job seekers
- Jobs featured in the weekly Virtual Vocations Employer Alert blog post highlighting the most recent telecommuting job submissions made by Virtual Vocations Employer Partners
- Dedicated Employer Relations Manager to help with hiring needs
Visit the Virtual Vocations Employer Portal to post your telecommute job openings at no cost and join more than 3,500 employers using Virtual Vocations to find and hire top quality telecommuting talent.
Joining Virtual Vocations grants you access to our hand-picked telecommuting jobs database. Our family-owned company is committed to helping you find quality job leads. We strive to help make your work-at-home job search faster, easier and safer by bringing you scam-free jobs that offer some form of telecommuting or virtual work.
Learn how our service works, browse job leads by location and career category, or search hundreds of hand-screened telecommuting jobs to find legitimate work-at-home job leads that match your skills and background.