Virtual Vocations reveals the top 25 members of the Fortune 500 hiring for fully remote jobs in 2023. Read on to discover which of the biggest businesses in the U.S. are also priority employers to watch for 100% virtual positions this year.
The 2023 Fortune 500 List
For the 69th year, Fortune, an American multinational business news magazine launched in 1930, posted its ranking of the biggest U.S. businesses by revenue. The best of the best form the brand’s flagship annual list “The Fortune 500.” According to Fortune’s 2023 report, “The top 10 alone posted $3.7 trillion in revenue, and they were omnipresent in American life from the grocery aisle to the doctor’s office to the gas pump.”
Ranking Fortune 500 Companies Hiring for Fully Remote Jobs
To create our ranking of the best Fortune 500 companies hiring for fully remote jobs this year, we compared the 2023 Fortune list against our Remote Companies Database to determine 25 of the biggest U.S. companies actively hiring jobseekers for fully remote job postings. Fully remote jobs are truly work from home roles. These positions do not require employees to work on-site or complete regular business travel. All of the top 25 Fortune 500 companies named in this report had active 100% virtual job openings in the Virtual Vocations database within three days of our report’s publication.
Eleven of the top 25 remote enabled Fortune 500 companies are also featured on our ranking of “Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2023.” The list is our seventh annual analysis of the 100 best companies for remote hiring. Logos for businesses awarded this designation are labeled with our top 100 badge.
11 Top Career Fields Represented by Remote-Enabled Fortune 500 Companies
Our top 25 Fortune 500 companies for 2023 represent 11 remote-friendly career fields. Job industries such as financial, healthcare, information technology, and insurance are also ranked on our list of the “Top 20 Fully Remote Work Industries for 2023.”
Select any of the industry names below to view current remote job postings from that remote work category on the Virtual Vocations Job Board. In total, Virtual Vocations shares fully remote jobs across 41 career categories.
- Business Services
- Entertainment & Media
- Information Technology
Top 25 Fortune 500 Companies Hiring for Fully Remote Jobs in 2023
With more than four-fifths of U.S. workers planning to find a new job in 2023, we wondered whether the biggest businesses in America could once again deliver what jobseekers want most in their careers: 100% virtual employment.”–Laura Spawn, CEO and co-founder of Virtual Vocations
The results of our “2023 Career Change Survey” showed 82% of workers want a new job this year. While the majority of professionals report feeling mostly optimistic about their careers, the promise of increased flexibility, including the ability to work from home 100% of the time, is enough to inspire them to change jobs.
As jobseekers consider how to make a career change to improve their work-life flexibility, it is vital to know which employers are not only hiring but also value fully remote work. This is our second consecutive year evaluating the remote-enabled status of Fortune 500 companies. The top 25 Fortune 500 companies for 2023 are leaders in their respective industries as well as within the remote work landscape. During 2022, these businesses were responsible for 20,000 of the 250,000 total remote jobs shared to the Virtual Vocations job board throughout the year.
Fortune Ranking: #2
This multinational online retail giant retains the top spot on our list of remote-enabled Fortune 500 businesses. In 2022, Virtual Vocations shared more than 2,6000 Amazon fully remote job postings to our online database, ranking third among the best remote-enabled businesses for the year.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Amazon
- eCommerce Client Account Manager – Fully Remote
- Offensive Security Penetration Testing Engineer II – Fully Remote
- Risk Analyst – Fully Remote
- Games Database Administrator – Fully Remote
- Technical Customer Service Associate – Fully Remote
2. UNITEDHEALTH GROUP
Fortune Ranking: #5
UnitedHealth Group, which experienced hiring growth over the last year, is a managed healthcare and insurance company. The organization works to improve the patient experience by increasing healthcare choices and reducing costs. With more than 10,000 UHG fully remote job postings uploaded to our job board during 2022, UnitedHealth Group ranks first among our current top 100 companies list.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with UnitedHealth Group
- Senior Data Analytics Manager – Fully Remote
- Billing Supervisor – Fully Remote
- Licensed EAP Counselor – Fully Remote
- Emergency Department Medical Coder – Fully Remote
- Claims Quality Analyst – Fully Remote
3. CVS HEALTH
Fortune Ranking: #6
CVS Health is a healthcare and pharmaceutical company. The corporation operates locations offering prescription fulfillment, MinuteClinics, and necessities shopping. CVS Heath is one of five of our top 25 Fortune 500 companies with a female CEO. It is also one of 16 businesses in our top 25 ranking that experienced growth in jobs within the past year, according to Fortune’s data.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with CVS Health
- Business Consultant Manager – Fully Remote
- Full Stack Developer – Fully Remote
- Worklife Analyst – Fully Remote
- Pricing Manager – Fully Remote
- Behavioral Health Clinician – Fully Remote
4. MCKESSON CORPORATION
Fortune Ranking: #9
McKesson Corporation is a healthcare organization specializing in pharmaceutical distribution, healthcare IT services, and medical technology. The company serves physician offices, hospitals, pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies, and payers.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with McKesson
- Healthcare Patient Navigator Coordinator – Fully Remote
- Patient Access Specialist – Fully Remote
- Senior Finance Manager – Fully Remote
- Customer Service Representative – Fully Remote
- Associate Medical Writer – Fully Remote
5. AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORPORATION
Fortune Ranking: #11
AmerisourceBergen Corporation is another emote-enabled company experiencing employment growth. The company is a pharmaceutical logistics business that helps clients get their products from clinical trial to market by providing distribution, marketing, and supply sourcing solutions.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with AmerisourceBergen
- Bilingual Patient Navigator – Fully Remote
- Animal Health Sales Enablement Supervisor – Fully Remote
- Resiliency and Disaster Recovery Principal Architect – Fully Remote
- Treasury Analyst II – Fully Remote
- Inside Sales Specialst – Fully Remote
6. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC.
Fortune Ranking: #14
Cardinal Health, Inc. is an integrated healthcare services and products company focused on reducing healthcare costs and providing medical products and services to hospitals. The organization provides customized solutions for hospitals, healthcare systems, pharmacies, and ambulatory surgery centers.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Cardinal Health
- Senior Application Development and Maintenance Engineer – Fully Remote
- Sales Compensation Administration Consultant – Fully Remote
- Cloud FinOps Engineer – Fully Remote
- Customer Care Specialist – Fully Remote
- Accounting Advisor – Fully Remote
7. GENERAL MOTORS
Fortune Ranking: #21
General Motors (GM) is an automotive corporation and the second company on our list headed by a female CEO. It also experienced job growth This household name in the automotive industry designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts for its Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC automobile brands. GM also sells financial services and operates an automotive research center.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with General Motors
- Visual Designer – Fully Remote
- Contracts Manager – Fully Remote
- Content Designer Strategist – Fully Remote
- People Analytics Consultant – Fully Remote
- HR Executive Assistant – Fully Remote
8. ELEVANCE HEALTH, INC.
Fortune Ranking: #22
Elevance Health, Inc. formerly Anthem, Inc. is a health insurance company offering dental, medical, optical, and life insurance plans. The company, which is 57th on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” and experienced job growth last year, also provides group plans and Medicare supplemental insurance. Elevance is the fourth company on this list with a female CEO. In fact, four in 10 companies within the top 10 are headed by women.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Elevance Health
- Nurse Appeals Associate – Fully Remote
- Performance Quality Auditor – Fully Remote
- Java Backend Engineer – Fully Remote
- Payment Appeal Analyst II – Fully Remote
- Behavioral Health Care Manager II – Fully Remote
9. JPMORGAN CHASE & CO.
Fortune Ranking: #23
JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides a wide variety of services including investment banking, asset management, treasury and securities services, corporate and consumer banking, credit cards, risk management, underwriting, private banking, and wealth management. The company works with consumers, governments, small businesses, corporations, and other global institutions.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with JPMorgan Chase
- Travel Advisor II – Fully Remote
- Mortgage Underwriter – Fully Remote
- Sabre Ticketing Agent – Fully Remote
- Corporate Travel Advisor – Fully Remote
- Trainer – Fully Remote
10. CENTENE CORPORATION
Fortune Ranking: #25
Centene Corporation is a managed healthcare company and one of five companies in our top 25 helmed by a female CEO. It offers specialty healthcare services including behavioral healthcare services, in-home health services, life and health management, vision, pharmacy benefits management, and telehealth services.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Centene
- Solutions Architect – Fully Remote
- Lead Network Engineer – Fully Remote
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Manager – Fully Remote
- Medical Policy Analyst – Fully Remote
- Product Owner – Fully Remote
11. COMCAST CORPORATION
Fortune Ranking: #29
Comcast Corporation is a global media and technology company and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Comcast provides video, high-speed internet, entertainment and sports cable networks, and residential phone service. The company also offers wireless, security, and automation services.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Comcast
- Executive Product Director – Fully Remote
- Credit and Collections Analyst 1 – Fully Remote
- Real Estate Manager 1 – Fully Remote
- Telecommute Global Media Fulfillment Coordinator 2 – Fully Remote
- Lead Machine Learning Engineer – Fully Remote
12. TARGET BRANDS, INC.
Fortune Ranking: #33
Target Brands, Inc. is a department store chain that sells products in over 1,800 retail locations and on its website. The company, which is one of four “Fortune Best Companies to Work For” highlighted in this report, specializes in clothing, health and beauty, automotive, electronics, and home furnishings products. Some Target locations also operate pharmacies and clinics to meet basic healthcare needs in local communities.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Target
- Product Detail Page Senior Product Manager – Fully Remote
- Long Range Planning Director – Fully Remote
- Findability Senior UX Product Designer – Fully Remote
- Senior Middle Mile Sourcing Logistics Analyst – Fully Remote
- Senior Content Management Guest Experiences Technical Product Manager – Fully Remote
13. CITIGROUP, INC.
Fortune Ranking: #36
Citigroup, Inc. is a global banking company and the fifth business on our list led by a female CEO. It provides a broad range of financial services to customers globally, including lending money, safeguarding assets, accessing the capital markets, and making payments. Citigroup’s mission is to encourage financial growth and economic progression.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Citigroup
- Health Promotion Specialist – Fully Remote
- Credit Underwriter – Fully Remote
- Associate Fraud Operations Analyst – Fully Remote
- Program Manager – Fully Remote
- Senior Home Mortgage Underwriter – Fully Remote
14. PFIZER, INC.
Fortune Ranking: #38
Pfizer Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The company conducts research, development, and clinical trials of medical treatments and preventative vaccines.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Pfizer
- Biostatistics Manager – Fully Remote
- Commercial Effectiveness Senior Manager – Fully Remote
- HCP Marketing Team Lead – Fully Remote
- Incentive Compensation Design Director – Fully Remote
- Operations Quality Leader – Fully Remote
Fortune Ranking: #39
Lowe’s is a retailer specializing in home improvement products. It provides a wide range of home improvement products including appliances, windows, doors, building supplies, heating and cooling, lawn and garden, outdoor living, plumbing, painting, storage, and tools. The company offers installation services and products through its website and retail locations throughout the U.S.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Lowe’s
- Compensation Consultant – Fully Remote
- Lead Brand Advocate – Fully Remote
- Customer Experience Professional – Fully Remote
- Recruiter – Fully Remote
- Packaging Designer – Fully Remote
16. JOHNSON & JOHNSON
Fortune Ranking: #40
Johnson & Johnson is a healthcare company that produces pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare products, and medical devices. It also offers baby, beauty, wound care, medicine, surgery, vaccine, and orthpaedic products.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Johnson & Johnson
- U.S. Customer Advocate – Fully Remote
- Training and Coaching Associate – Fully Remote
- Change and Communications Strategy Director – Fully Remote
- Senior Administrative Assistant – Fully Remote
- Medical Writing Manager – Fully Remote
Fortune Ranking: #41
FedEx is a shipping and package delivery company. It provides customers with international and domestic shipping options. This company works on behalf of individual customers as well as business clients.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with FedEx
- Technical Product Manager – Fully Remote
- Software Developer III – Fully Remote
- Communications Advisor – Fully Remote
- Marketing Analyst – Fully Remote
- Senior Writer and Design Specialist – Fully Remote
18. HUMANA, INC.
Fortune Ranking: #42
Humana Inc. is a health insurance and wellness company. This organization provides Medicare, Medicaid, health, dental, vision, and pharmaceutical policies to ensure members achieve their best health.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Humana
- Clinical Data Product Manager – Fully Remote
- Telephonic Behavioral Health Care Manager – Fully Remote
- Medical and Financial Risk Evaluation Lead – Fully Remote
- Pharmacy Contracting Professional – Fully Remote
- Medicine Dental and Vision Actuary Pricing Representative – Fully Remote
19. THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY
Fortune Ranking: #48
The Walt Disney Company is an entertainment and media firm in its 100th year of operation and a boom of job growth. This company owns and operates media networks, amusement parks, and global merchandise brands featuring some of the most recognizable names and images anywhere, including Disney amusement parks, Disney+ streaming, ESPN, Marvel, and ABC News.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Walt Disney
- Global Executive Compensation Programs Analyst – Fully Remote
- Copy Editor – Fully Remote
- Employee Accommodations and Accessibility Senior Manager – Fully Remote
- Executive Search Consultant – Fully Remote
- Content Insertion Assistant – Fully Remote
20. GENERAL ELECTRIC
Fortune Ranking: #52
General Electric (GE) is a global manufacturing company. The organization creates and distributes a wide variety of products for the transportation, finance, electronics, and aviation industries.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with General Electric
- Sales Director – Fully Remote
- Senior Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Counsel – Fully Remote
- Lead Logistics Specialist – Fully Remote
- Americas Customer Success Consulting Director – Fully Remote
- Government Pricing Lead Analyst – Fully Remote
21. METLIFE, INC.
Fortune Ranking: #54
MetLife, Inc. is an insurance and benefits company ranked 51st on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. The firm offers clients personal insurance coverage, annuities, asset management services, and employee benefits packages. According to Fortune’s findings, MetLife experienced growth in jobs throughout the past year.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with MetLife
- Sales Support Consultant – Fully Remote
- Lead Long Term Disability Claims Specialist – Fully Remote
- Group Benefits Client Reports Analyst – Fully Remote
- Insurance Licensing Specialist I – Fully Remote
- Performance Media Senior Advertising Manager – Fully Remote
Fortune Ranking: #58
Boeing is an aviation and aerospace company. It manufactures commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and is an aftermarket support service provider. The Boeing Company is also a global provider of financing solutions for customers.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Boeing
- Senior Software Application Developer – Fully Remote
- Real Time Software Engineer – Fully Remote
- Workday Human Capital Management Configuration Leader – Fully Remote
- Senior Organization Designation Authorization Inspection Unit Member – Fully Remote
- Enterprise Simulation Test Framework Software Engineering Manager – Fully Remote
Fortune Ranking: #62
Intel is an electronics manufacturing company. The organization creates and distributes semiconductors, processors, and other components for mobile devices, computers, and other electronics.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Intel
- Quartus Software Principal Engineer – Fully Remote
- Executive Compensation Consultant – Fully Remote
- Intellectual Property Engineer – Fully Remote
- Web and Social Media Marketing Lead – Fully Remote
- Employee Services Specialist – Fully Remote
24. TD SYNNEX
Fortune Ranking: #64
TD SYNNEX is an IT consulting and solutions firm. The company offers businesses products and solutions for handling IT challenges including cloud deployment, network security, and data center management.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with TD SYNNEX
- Oracle SLED Team Lead – Fully Remote
- Corporate Content Manager – Fully Remote
- Senior Corporate Accountant – Fully Remote
- Marketing Manager – Fully Remote
- HR Business Partner – Fully Remote
25. PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL
Fortune Ranking: #67
Prudential is a financial services company. The organization offers clients investment services, life insurance coverage, and retirement benefits management.
Examples of Fully Remote Jobs with Prudential Financial
- Client Administration Associate Manager – Fully Remote
- Rehabilitation Specialist – Fully Remote
- Mutual Funds and Annuities Associate – Fully Remote
- Disability Claims Examiner – Fully Remote
- Compensation Modeling Specialist – Fully Remote
About Virtual Vocations
Virtual Vocations, Inc., founded in 2007, is a private, family-owned, and 100% distributed company. Co-founded by CEO Laura Spawn and her brother, CTO Adam Stevenson, Virtual Vocations connects jobseekers with legitimate, fully remote job openings. All job postings are screened to ensure the highest quality standards. To date, Virtual Vocations has helped more than four million jobseekers find flexible remote work options.
In addition to managing and curating a database that, at any given time, houses more than 15,000 current, hand-screened remote job openings, Virtual Vocations offers jobseekers a number of tools to aid in their job searches. These tools include exclusive, self-paced career courses, digital guides for popular virtual job industries, and downloadable worksheets. The Career Services Division also provides job coaching and interview prep, LinkedIn profile enhancement, and resume and cover letter writing. Virtual Vocations also releases multiple data-driven reports each year on current trends in remote work.
Send questions about Virtual Vocations’ 2023 report on the top 25 Fortune 500 companies hiring for fully remote jobs this year to Kimberly Back. Kim is the Senior Job Data Content Producer and can be emailed at kim (at) virtualvocations (dot) com. Please visit Virtual Vocations’ social media profiles to connect. Visit Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest for more remote work content and conversations.
Additional Image credits: Canva; Virtual Vocations images prepared by Kimberly Back